Apply for a married relationship Permit
To utilize for a married relationship permit in Indiana, both both you and your future partner must can be found in individual in the Clerk’s workplace within an Indiana county where certainly one of you resides. For out-of-state residents, make an application for a permit within the Indiana county where in fact the wedding will be solemnized.
Before you submit an application for a marriage license, become acquainted with the process outlined below.
1: will you be qualified to be hitched in Indiana?
Age. The Clerk can issue a wedding permit if:
- Both candidates are 18 years old or older;
- One or both candidates are 17 and parents or appropriate guardians are current to give permission;
- One or both candidates are more youthful than 17 while having a court purchase giving authorization to get a married relationship permit;
Exclusions. The Clerk cannot issue a wedding permit if:
- Either applicant is intoxicated by medications or alcohol whenever applying;
- Candidates are more closely relevant than second cousins (though there clearly was an exclusion if you should be very first cousins and both at the least sixty-five (65) years old).
- Either applicant is judged to be of unsound brain, unless the adjudication was removed.
- Either applicant is an eternity sex or offender that is violent unless the person submits an affidavit stating beneath the charges of perjury that the patient has furnished written notice of this individuals (A) intent to marry, and (B) meant married title; into the regional police force authority when you look at the county of conviction plus in the individuals county of residence. Read More